I have searched near and far for the perfect Banana Bread! Actually, I spent hours on Pinterest testing and playing with recipes until I formulated the Best Banana Bread of all time…Well I think so anyway. What I have discovered is a somewhat healthy, super chocolatey, and incredibly moist (I really don’t like that word) treat for my mouth. If you want experience what my mouth is feeling-
1 stick unsalted butter (1/2 cup)
1 1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup greek yogurt *
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 cup mashed ripe bananas
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup nuts (optional- I like nuts but not in my banana bread, so I don’t add these)
*You can use sour cream if you don’t have greek yogurt
- In a large bowl cream together butter and sugar with a hand mixer. Then mix in eggs, vanilla, and greek yogurt.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- The slowly add the dry ingredients to the butter/sugar mixture until combined.
- Use spoon or spatula to fold in bananas, nuts, and chocolate chips.
- Pour into large loaf pan and bake for 1 hour**
**You can also use two small loaf pans (bake for 35-45 minutes) or you can make some muffins (bake for 25 minutes) !
You want the Banana Bread to be lightly browned on top. Toothpick Check!